National Technical Honor Society (NTHS)
To honor student achievement and leadership, promote educational excellence, and enhance career opportunities for the NTHS membership.
The Criteria for Selection into the NTHS
- Grades in Technical Area - 92.5 or above
- Grades in Non-Technical Area - 86 or 3.0 or higher - committee review for any “D” or “F” in grades 10-12
- Teacher Evaluation of the nominee (Student must score 4.5 or above on a 5 point scale):
- Interest in learning
- Scholastic achievement
- Cooperation & works well with others
- High quality task performance & pride in work performed
- Have no more than 2 absences per semester
- Have a career interest in their chosen area- student has goals set consistent with career and technical training
- Student Overall-includes activities at home, work history, extracurricular activities, and civic participation (volunteer work)
*241 students have been recognized and honored as National Technical Honor Society members at MTC since 1995.