Adult Nurse Aide Program
When are classes held?
Nurse Aide classes are offered several times through out the year and are held in the morning, afternoon or evening. Please see our current class schedule for start dates, times and costs.
Who can enroll?
Individuals interested in a rewarding, service oriented career. The course's primary focus is to assist the adult in developing nurse aide skills in the care of the geriatric (elderly) client. The course will prepare adults to assist in the nursing care of residents/clients in the nursing home or long term care facility under the supervision of licensed personnel.
How will this help me in the future?
Successful completion of the Nurse Aide Course will:
- Allow you to be eligible to apply for the Virginia Certification exam, to be certified through the state of VA.
- Allow you to participate in a satisfying career field.
- Allow you to support yourself financially.
- Provide you with the necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes to provide quality care to patients in a health care facility.
- Provide skills to meet the mental, social and physical needs of the resident/clients.
What are the requirements?
Class and clinical attendance is considered an essential part of the educational process of this training program. A student is expected to attend all class meetings and clinical practice sessions as scheduled. Any work missed must be made up at the convenience of the instructor and the Center. Class and clinical experience can be made up only during scheduled class or clinical experience dates. The minimum passing score in classroom tests is 80%. The student will be expected to perform satisfactorily in the clinical setting according to acceptable nursing standards. The textbook contains procedure checklists which are used as a guide.
To enroll or for additional information:
Contact the Continuing Education Department at Massanutten Technical Center. (540) 434-5962